Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Wise Friend Said....

"The pain passes, but the beauty remains." By Pierre Auguste Renoir


This friend knows exactly the pain I was talking about in my prior post. She and her husband had two failed adoptions and one successful adoption from Kyrgyzstan with similar set backs along the way.


I want to thank you Amber for the excellent quote, how true it is in our cases. One day this pain will pass and we will be able to look back at our experience and not remember the hurt as clearly.


I was lying in bed thinking about this very idea last night. People move forward and time marches on whether we are ready for the future or not. How do you honor these children's past without living in it? I don't know the answer to this yet but everyday I feel closer to finding it.







No comments:

Post a Comment