Thursday, June 18, 2009

It was a very difficult week for a lot of reasons.
Even though we expected the diagnosis of CP it hit us pretty hard. We've been working through the emotional aspects of it all so we can fully concentrate on the task ahead....finding Leila the best care possible.
Today I had a meeting with DDD (Department of Developmental Disabilities) to discuss whether or not Leila could qualify and if so for what. She does qualify given her new diagnosis which means she will be provided with a speech, occupational and physical therapist that will come to our home each week. In addition, a teacher will also come out to work with Leila on adapting to her disabilities.
I just want to say a quick thank you to all who sent loving messages of support.
The other day was a very difficult one where many tears were shed. I looked at the comments you all sent my way and I instantly felt supported and a feeling came over me that said "I can do this". So thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on you and Leila, I had lost track of your sign in blog so glad to have found this one. We never know what will be handed to us but your writing speaks of strength throughout. Leila is most blessed to have you as her parents, as you are most blessed to have her as your daughter. She is one beautiful baby girl!! Love your new memory maker, I wouldn't know which to do for the Disneyland trip even though we have taken our 2-we just didn't have any expectations but Magic Kingom and Animal Kingdom are the best for that age-definitely will be praying for your MRI!
    Hugs from us all!

    ReplyDelete