Monday, February 9, 2009

No Words



The rain is softly falling on the roof. I check on Jalyn, then on Leila. Both are sleeping so snug and warm in their beds.

Leila is cuddled on a pillow Jalyn placed in her crib for her the other night. She loves it.

We've been preparing for Leila's surgery and many thoughts have come to my mind. I can't help but think of Leila's birth mom and wonder if she thinks of her too.

We will never know one another yet we will always share a bond of love. Love for a precious little girl. I will never know the tears she cries or the fear she felt.

I only know that she gave birth to one special little girl.

If I could talk to her I would tell her this:

I see you in her smile. I feel the love you have for her. Thank you for giving us the most special gift someone could ever receive. She will never be lonely and she will always be loved. She is getting so big. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and how proud you would be of her.

I fell so incredibly blessed, there are no words.

1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. She will be in the BEST hands.

    ReplyDelete