Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hallelujah!!!

A Miracle Has Occurred:


We are all healthy, happy and we survived.


Leila had her "sponge" removed from her face today. Doctor says this week is very critical for the healing of the skin graft. If we can make it through this week, were all good! Leila's blow-outs (all the mama's out there and some Dada's know exactly what I'm talking about here) are down to two or three a day.





That was a NASTY, NASTY flu!





On a positive note.....Our friend Laura started helping us out today on a regular basis. I am no longer allowed to lift and will soon undergo back surgery.....Laura to the rescue. Jalyn loves Miss Laura and was so thrilled to have her in our home. Leila took to her immediately, LOVED her!





I'm going use this time waiting for surgery and having Laura to help to get healthy myself. If nothing else came from this flu, I learned that I not only need to gain a few pounds (and yes I did say gain) that I lost during all the stress of Leila's adoption/transition etc.....I need to take better care of myself to be a better mommy to her. I plan to get my butt back in the gym and take some "me" time to boost myself up for the inevitable surgery. I want to come out of that surgery fighting to get back to my normal life with the kiddos and my amazing hubby...


No comments:

Post a Comment