Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Little Sing-Along


A-B-C-D-E-F-G.....BARBIE IS MY ENEMY!

Jalyn has been singing this song ALL DAY LONG! The first time I heard this tune of his, my mommy-knee-jerk reaction was to say something along the lines of......"Now is that a nice song we should sing?" Or "Do you think that's a good choice of words to use?"

Although when I think about it, what is really bad about that song? The word enemy? I'm so use to correcting his choice of words these days that pretty much every time he speaks I follow up with a "mommy" correction. Hmmmmmm, just found something I should work on correcting myself.

Anyway, when I was taking a shower just now (too much info?...sorry:) I got to thinking about this song, and you know what, I would say I have to agree!

All girls, young and old are supposed to look just like Barbie. The skinny yet slightly curvaceous in just the right areas, long flowing perfect hair, make-up 24/7, fits in all the cute clothes kind of girl. The one we are all not. Why don't they make a Barbie that just had a baby and has a little extra curves in sometimes the not-so-right places? (As this would be reality...right?) Or perhaps a Barbie that is a mommy and spends her whole day cleaning, doing laundry, wiping up spills, changing diapers, grocery shopping, dropping off/picking up dry cleaning, picking up dog poop and then makes dinner? (OK maybe not in that exact order.) I mean this is reality......right?!?! It may not be glamorous and all but it's what most of us women do when we marry and have families. Our daughters grow up thinking Barbie is the "thing to be" but I refuse to let Leila buy into this rubbish.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon..........

A-B-C-D-E-F-G...Barbie is MY enemy!!!
Care to join???



P.S.....I have some exciting news to share with you all but this tired girl is hittin the hay. Tomorrow I will spill the beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment