Saturday, July 4, 2009

Now Your My Whole Life

This morning I had music playing in my room as I was working on packing the entire family for Disneyland.
Leila came walking into the room during the last minute of a song and danced. She loves to dance.
As that song was fading, she walked over to me with her arms up in the air.
I knew what she was wanting.
She wanted a dance with Mama.
We waited for the new song to start.

Now, on my MP3 player I have lots of different music. Black Eyed Pea's, Poker Face, Flo Rider and numerous country songs. Whichever song came on we would dance, mother and daughter, fast or slow.

This is the song that came on.

I cried.

I couldn't help but think there was a higher power involved in this one.

I remember trying not to stare the first night I met you
You had me mesmerized
And three weeks later in the pale moon light taking 45 minutes just to say goodnight
I told you over and over again, I thought I loved you then

Now your my whole life
Now your my whole world
And I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets a stream
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

I can just see you with a baby on the way
I can just see you when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before

Now your my whole life
Now your my whole world
And I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets a stream
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then

My precious baby girl, I love you so much.
Our bond has grown so much since the first day we met.
This picture was taken the day of her MRI, daddy took us out to dinner.
You ate and ate, we didn't know where you were putting it!
We found out yesterday that her MRI came back completely normal.
Unfortunately, Friday was considered a holiday so the doc didn't have her records with him. He asked that we call back Monday to review what this means and discuss where we go from here. Does this mean there could be other causes? Could she just have had a negative MRI but still have CP? We are left with more questions than answers now.
Brother and sister watching a movie together.
Leila holding my Ken Barbie doll from when I was little.
Both chowing on licorice.
What a bond these two share.


1 comment:

  1. Kelli, I love that song too! Every time I hear it, I turn it up on the radio, I need to download it to my i-pod for sure! I am glad the MRI came back ok, that is good, but I know it is hard not-knowing the answers either. Hang in there! Love the picture of L and J!

    ReplyDelete