Monday, March 16, 2009

Fair Weather Friends






"You are the rain that falls on my earth."


Jalyn tells me.


This could be taken either way.


He and I absolutely love the rain (when and if we ever see it!) However, rain to some is seen as a nuisance.


I reply "is this a good thing or a bad thing?"


"A good thing mommy, and I hope you land on a rainbow."




What Jalyn was telling me is that I am his everything. In his five-year-old language, he is saying that no matter what ups and downs we encounter, we will face them together. When times are tough for me and us, he hopes that I'll land on a rainbow to catch my fall (as I am the rain.....follow me?)


Throughout life, we meet many people. Some come, some go, and some simply linger.


I've had many (as we all have) that come around much more often when they have something major going on in their lives.



I've spent numerous hours (away from my own dear ones) happily comforting those experiencing pain of all kinds.


Yet when their storm passes and one blows in my way they are no where to be found.


I have a handful of true friends that I know would be there for me through thick and thin, and they know that I would always be there for them, and a few is all anyone really needs to feel completely blessed.


It still stings when you've felt like you've given a piece of yourself to someone who was not sincere.


As I tucked Jalyn into bed tonight he looked up at me and said: "mommy, even when I'm old and it's not cool to hug mommies, I'm going to hug you anyway".


My little buddy, my best friend. You always make me laugh. Thank you for always reminding me what/who is truly important in life. Who has time anymore for fair weather friends?!




Today I vow to give more of myself to my constant, loyal and amazing friends and family.






No comments:

Post a Comment