Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Mother's Heart

I am team mom for Jalyn's football team, the Vipers.

On his team is a young mom of two children. She looks 20 at best and her children are 13 and 8. You do the math........does it add up? It didn't to me either. Recently I've become closer to this mom and we had a chat.


Her sister passed away from post-partum cardiomyopathy after the birth of her second son. Sound familiar? At the tender age of 18 my friend adopted her sisters two sons and gave them a wonderful life. She is beautifully mature and these are her children, no one would know any different.


The love and depth of commitment I see on her face for these children takes my breath away.


At this moment I am so grateful for my life. I may never know why my life was spared, but I do know that had fate had other plans for me you would see the same depth of love and commitment on these four women's faces for my children.

Women are the glue that holds a family together. We are there for each other in times of desperation and in joy.




We celebrate each others strengths and bridge the gap of our weaknesses.



We blissfully love their children as our own, a love only another mother knows.


Had my life ended, these women would have carried on my legacy through my children. There is no greater gift in the world.

I would not be the mother I am today without the divine intervention of these women. They stood for me in unity when I couldn't stand for myself.

You four women have moved heaven and earth for me at some point during my life. Our lives will always be linked as women who came to be family by circumstance but stand together by choice.

XOXO,
Rie

4 comments:

  1. WOW, what a great post!! My tears are flowing right now!! Thanks honey, Happy Mothers Day, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Britches. You are the same for me. My sister and my parallel in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures and a wonderful message! Happy Mother's Day, Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kell,

    This post was so sweet, we all LOVE you so much!!! I was crying by the time I finished it.. it was perfectly worded. Jalyn and Leila are so lucky to have a MOM like YOU!!!!
    Love you so much
    XXOO Jese

    ReplyDelete