Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Gosh.  It has been so long that I am not even sure where to begin.


I took a break, stopped the chemotherapy and every other drug doc's have placed me on over the past ten years.  I'm not gonna lie, a few months in paradise actually felt like an eternity in hell. 


The flip side is---it was all worth it.  My head is clear, I am healthier and I actually feel like a normal human being again.  


I love Hawaii.  It is beautiful and everything one would imagine it would be to live here.  The jacked-up prices no longer bother me and the simpler life has felt far more appealing.  I miss our Arizona home, very much so.  I miss my friends and family.  I miss having a Target within five minutes.  God do I miss Lifetime Fitness! But today, I had the rare luxury of laying on the beach all by myself.  No children to worry about drowning; nothing but the sun, sand and myself.  


J has mono so we had to cancel his big summer plan which was surfing lessons.  The kids, myself and the dogs have all settled in nicely.  I am actually going back to work and school! It's time.  I miss that piece of myself.  

I'm going to leave this post short and sweet as I ease my way back into writing.  


To my blogging friends, I have been absent in writing and reading what you have written.  Never has a day gone by that I did not think about you all and how life was going.  Just like old friends, life has a way of picking up right where it left off.


Kisses,
Rie

No comments:

Post a Comment